Visa-free entry & Transit (G) Visa
1. Visa-free entry: No visa is required for ordinary passport holders from Singapore, Brunei and Japan to visit China for up to 15 days
for business, sightseeing, visiting relatives and friends or transit.
2. Visa-free transit
(1) Visas are not required of aliens who hold air tickets to the final destination outside China and have booked seats on international
airliners flying directly through China, and will stay in a transit city for less than 24 hours without leaving the airport.
(2) Starting from 1st,Jan 2013,Visas are not required for passport holders of the following countries, who transit through Beijing&Shanghai International airports, provided they hold valid passports, visas for the onward countries, final destination tickets and have booked seats, and stay in Beijing or Shanghai for less than 72 hours :
24 Schengen countries(Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia,Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland , Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland),
Russia Federation, UK, Ireland,Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei,The United Arab Emirates, The Sate of Qatar.
3. Transit Visa (G Visa)
Applicants should come in person for the application.
(1) Documents required:
- A valid passport with six (6) months of remaining validity and at least one blank visa page in it.
- One completed Visa Application Form.
- One recent photo of 2x2 square inch glued or stapled on the application form.
- A valid visa of the country of destination, and a final destination airline ticket.
- Hotel booking, bank account information,etc.
(2) Additional Information:
- First time applicants whose former nationality was Chinese, shall write down his Chinese name in the application form and submit
his original Chinese passport or the photocopy of the information page of the passport. Applicant who was a formerly Chinese
citizen but has acquired a foreign passport, if had a Chinese visa before, shall show his old Chinese visa.
- No appointment is required.
- Mailed applications are not acceptable.
- If the visa application form is not filled out completely, correctly and legibly, your visa application may be delayed or rejected.
- Visa Officers are empowered to make final decision on the validity, duration of stay and times of entry of a visa and may require
the applicants provide relevant documents.
- Any person suffering from a mental disorder, leprosy, venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other such infectious
diseases shall not be permitted to enter China.
(3) Processing Time
- The regular processing time is 4 working days.
- Express service: 2-3 working days processing, $20 will be charged per visa.
- Same day rush service: emergency business only, with additional fee of $30 for 1 working day processing (applications present
before 12:00pm may pick up their visas between 16:00pm-17:00pm on the same day).